Early methods of Oral Hygiene and teeth cleaning were very different. A teeth cleaning twig made from the Peelu tree, also known as toothbrush tree or miswak, is reputed to have been used over 7000 years ago.
Even till this day, this twig is being used daily by people from all over the world. It is very common in the Eastern world, yet still an alien thing to most people in the Western world. To many people in the west, the thought of using a twig from trees to clean one's mouth and teeth, might sound outdated, however, studies conducted on this twig prove otherwise.
There are 70 benefits of using a Miswak as recorded by Islam Literature. The main benefits examining its effect on oral health have been scientifically proven while other benefits are yet to be studied.
Important benefits of Miswaks worth mentioning
- Eliminates bacteria that causes gum disease
- Very effective at fighting plague
- Gets rid of mouth odor and bad breath
- Contains a Natural fragrance and essential oils to improve the smell of your mouth and breath
- Contains bristles which makes it effective at cleaning between teeth as a floss would
- Increases salivation to moisten dry mouth
- Silicia removes stains and other deposits from the surface of the tooth which in result whitens your teeth
After knowing these facts, it comes as no surprise why people have been using Miswaks for 7000 years and are still using them today. What a great gift from Nature. It is a toothbrush, toothpaste and floss. It's also environmentally friendly and biodegradable. So why waste money on plastic toothpastes and toothbrushes when we could just benefit from what Planet Earth has given us?
You can get your own Miswak today at TwigBrush. It comes with a customized holder to store your Miswak in so that you could carry it with you to use anytime you want. For all you Coffee drinkers. I recommend you read this blog here to learn more about how you could greatly benefit from the use of a Miswak.